Under the responsibility of the Executive Committee, the Council of Employees (Ansattes Råd) handles a number of tasks concerning policies on pay, recruitment, pension conditions, labour market conditions, employment conditions, and health and safety conditions.
The Council of Employees is a policy-making body whose task is to influence the political agenda for the benefit of IDA's members.
The Council of Employees is responsible for the following tasks:
- Recommends to the Executive Committee frameworks and budgets within the competence of the Council of Employees and contributions to the Liquid Reserve Fund
- Recommends to the Executive Committee proposals concerning policies on pay, recruitment, pension conditions, labour market conditions, employment conditions, and health and safety conditions
- Lays down the guidelines for payments from the Liquid Reserve Fund
- Establishes the framework for IDA Public Sector and IDA Private Sector
- Establishes the framework for trade union representative training
- Establishes the framework for matters pertaining to salary, hiring, pension, labour market, employment, and health and safety conditions in the workplace
- Sets the minimum wage
- Agrees on negotiation demands and approve negotiation results as well as decides in favour of or against industrial conflict
The Council of Employees' key issues align with IDA's focus areas:
- The strongest voice on technology - realising the potential of new technology and incorporating ethical considerations
- Change with opportunities - the good working life in Industry 4.0
- Enrichment with sustainability - conversion of production and consumption
- Strengthening competencies - lifelong learning and new learning technology
- The prosperity of the future - investment in research and education
The vision of the Council of Employees:
- Strengthen members' working lives nationally and globally
- Be a dynamic body that governs and increases its influence on the political agenda
- Ensure visibility, transparency, and collaboration across IDA
The Council of Employees consists of 6 members and a chairman:
The chairman of the council is elected by the Executive Committee at its inaugural meeting. The chairman must belong to member category 2 and be engaged in active employment at the time of election. In addition, the Executive Committee appoints 6 members to the council. IDA Public and IDA Private each appoint a spokesperson for the council from their respective boards. In addition, there is an observer from Akademikernes A-kasse and one from DdL.
See the members of the Council of Employees (in Danish).
Applicable policies (in Danish):