President of The Danish Society of Engineers (IDA) is Thomas Damkjær Petersen. He was reelected for a new three year period (2019-22) on the constituting meeting by the Board of Representatives.
63-year-old Thomas Damkjær Petersen has been active in IDA for more than 25 years, and before being elected president of IDA in 2016, he held posts in the Executive Board and the executive committee, and also as the Chairman for the public sector employees the last six years.
Thomas Damkjær Petersen is MSc in Engineering from DTU (Technical University of Denmark), and before being elected president of IDA in 2016 he came from a position as Project Manager for Traffic Planning in Denmark’s largest traffic company Movia. Apart from political experience gained inside IDA, he was also a known figure in the public debate as Chairman for the interest organisation School and Parents from 1998 to 2008.
CV: Thomas Damkjær Petersen
- 1981: MSc in Engineering from DTU (Town and Traffic Planning)
- 1983-today: Employed by HT, HUR, Movia, Traffic Planning
- 1993-today: Deputy Chairman of the Main Coordination Committee/Main Committee at Movia
- 1998-2008: National Chairman of the interest organisation School and Society (now named School and Parents)
- 2001-2009 and 2013-today: Chairman of IDA’s Public Negotiation Committee and member of the AC’s Public Negotiation Committee
- 2010-today: Member of IDA’s Executive Committee
- 2016: President of the Danish Society of Engineers, IDA
Contact Thomas Damkjær Petersen
Social Media and press pictures