Holidays and retirement

How to get your holiday pay paid when you retire or accept early retirement (efterløn).

Disclaimer: This page has been automatically translated. It may contain grammatical inaccuracies, but the content is guaranteed to be correct.


If you leave the labour market completely and retire, your holiday pay for the holiday year will be paid to you by your employer, FerieKonto or the person who manages your holiday pay. 

You must apply for the holiday pay no later than 6 months after you have resigned from your job and retired. If you have not had time to apply before the 6 months expire, you must take a holiday to receive the holiday pay. 

Early retirement pay

If you go on early retirement (efterløn), you have not left the labour market completely. Therefore, you must take the holiday to get your holiday money paid out.