Working in Denmark

Coming to Denmark

In recent years, Denmark has attracted foreign labour to a large number of industries. Denmark expects that in the coming years there will be an increasing need for foreign labour.
You must hold a residence and work permit in order to reside and work in Denmark, if you are a citizen of a country outside the Nordic countries or the EU/EEA. Whether you can obtain a residence and work permit depends, first and foremost, on your qualifications. It is your own responsibility to obtain a work permit if you are required to. 
How to obtain a work permit
A number of schemes have been designed in order to make it easier for highly qualified professionals to get a residence and work permit in Denmark.
You can read about the different schemes on New to - the official portal for foreigners.
Recognition of education
If you want to know more about whether your education is recognised in Denmark, or need an assessment, which you can use when applying for a job, applying to enter a Danish study programme or clarify your possibilities, we advice you to visit the Ministry of Higher Education and Science's official webpage. Here you will find answers to all questions regarding recognition of your specific education.