The key to optimum plastic part design. This conference will be online via MS Teams.
The course focuses on the complex phenomena behind the Injection Molding process with a strong emphasis on the understanding of parts’ problems (aspect, shrinkage, warpage, weld lines, burns, etc.) and their relationship with material properties (amorphous, semi-cystalline, filled, unfilled) and the process itself. Each day different topics will be covered.
- Introduction to the process
- Fundamentals of rheology including pressure dependence of viscosity
- Basic fiber orientation
- Flow in simple geometries
- Thermal effects and frozen skin dynamics
- Cosmetic issues and weldlines
- Fundamentals of the packing phase
- Residual stresses
- Shrinkage and warpage
- basic polymer thermal and rheological behaviour
- effect of pressure on polymer properties
- the flow process in Injection Molding
- part geometry and flow pattern
- compressibility, phase change and PVT data
- what is crystallinity and how does it affect processing
- the packing phase: key to the dimensional quality of the part
- effective part, mould and process design for proper cavity packing
- understanding the shrinkage build-up
- part warpage mechanisms: designing for minimum warpage, according to material properties and part shape
- warpage: the special case of fibre filled materials
- the concept of residual stresses: the compromise with warpage
- final conclusions and wrap-up – seminar evaluation by the participants
- The seminar is not specifically about Injection Molding Simulation. However, the intention is to clearly help those among the participants who are “Flow Analysis users” to gain a thorough understanding of the concepts that form the basis of the existing code. Model assumptions and corresponding limitations will be highlighted and discussed.
- View more
DKK 8,800 +25% VAT Members of ATV-SEMAPP and IDA Polymer
DKK 9,300 +25% VAT Non-members
Early bird discount of DKK 300,- applies when registration before 30 May 2020.
You register directly to ATV-SEMAPP
Registration closes at 25 participants.
The webinar is organized by ATV-SEMAPP and IDA Polymer