We will host LaTeX for beginners in English at DTU Lyngby Campus this year. LaTeX for beginners is a 4 hour course for people who want to get an introduction to the program. There will be short lectures and accompanying exercises where the lecturer and assistant teachers will be present.
After the course you will be able to:
- Make chapters, paragraphs and sub-sections, as well as references thereto.
- Make a reference list and correct references to literature.
- Insert images according to the correct standards and make references to these.
- Make a table of contents.
- Make a default cover page for a scientific report.
- Make an appendix and references thereto.
- Make equations and formulas, and references thereto.
Basically all you need to get started in writing a report at university level.
NB !! You must bring your own computer with LaTeX installed. A few days before the event an email with be send with information about this. Sandwiches will be served during the course.
If you have questions regarding this event, you are welcome to contact student ambassador Jonas Lambrechtsen at email@example.com.
ANYONE CAN JOIN - Most of IDA's events are open to everyone, but you must have an IDA user profile in order to participate. It's free and non-binding - create a user profile now. As a member of IDA, you get a discount on many of our events, so please sign in with your member login when you sign up for an event. Read more about the benefits of an IDA membership here.