Want your work to be at top-notch standard? LATEX is the free mark-up language that has set the standard for all university related works and publishment! Join this workshop to strengthen your own skills.
The event is in English! Catering is included
LATEX for beginners is a 4 hour course for those who wish to get an introduction to the language. The course contains short lectures with associated exercises with instructors available for troubleshooting any problems that may occur along the way. By finishing the course you will have achieved the following qualifications:
- Create chapters, sections, and subsections, with references.
- Make a correct table of contents for your work.
- Inserting images by the correct standard with captions and reference these.
- Generation of tables with captions and references
- Explore equations and achieve proficiency in ”math mode” LATEX.
- Declaring appendices in your documents.
- Applying external packages from the open source library.
- Inserting subfiles into your document, enabling simultaneous editing for group work.
- Specifically get acquainted with the graphicx, siunitx, and mhchem packages.
- Generate a reference and citation list using an auxillary language called BibTeX.
- Using the passive citation style and a range of bibliography styles.
Everything you will need to know in order to get started with writing reports, thesises and articles by university standard.