Companies within all areas of work use Excel, and thus a knowledge of the basics is often required when you move from university to the industry. Introduction to Excel is a 4 hour course for people who have used Excel at a limited level but need an introduction to cover the basics clearly, efficiently work with the tool, and aquire a knowledge of some of the slightly more technical functionalities. The course consists of short lectures and
longer exercise session where you will have hands-on experience, where the lecturer and possibly a
TA will assist you in solving the exercises. Having finished the course you are familiar with:
• Logical functions
• Lookup- and reference functions
• Applying statistical functions
• Pivot tables
• General formatting
• Cell merging and splitting
• The ”Paste special” functionality
• Figure standards and crossplatform Office work
• Drop down menus
• Print setup
• Handling duplicates
• Freezing rows and columns
You might find it beneficial to attend the event "Udvidet Excel" after attending this event to acheive a deeper understanding of Excel. "Udvidet Excel" is hosted by the same teachers, and will take place on 19/5-2020. Please note that this event is in Danish.
IDA will serve a sandwich during the event.
The location of the event will be announced later. The location will be in the Copenhagen area.
If you have any questions you are more than welcome to contact IDA-eventer, Kristian, on mail email@example.com.
Find us on the Facebook-page "IDA på KU" to stay updated about IDA activities.
* ANYONE CAN JOIN - Most of IDA's events are open to everyone, but you must have an IDA user profile in order to participate. It's free and non-binding - create a user profile now. As a member of IDA, you get a discount on many of our events, so please sign in with your member login when you sign up for an event. Read more about the benefits of an IDA membership here.