About IDA Challenge
IDA Challenge is a unique possibility for you to test your professional and creative skills, get to know your peers, exchange knowledge and get an insight into an organizations mission and challenges.
Hack4water - Grundfos Lifelink
Water challenges are a global issue with far reaching consequences for all of us, but there is no one-fix solution to any of these challenges. With UN’s Sustainable Development Goals, awareness around the global water crisis is being addressed with clear ambitions within goal 6, Clean water and sanitation.
With the purpose of pioneering solutions to the world’s water and climate challenges, Grundfos has developed Lifelink sustainable water solutions. Solutions that strengthen the reliability and sustainability of supplying the developing world with clean and efficiently delivered drinking water.
One of these solutions is the AQtap water dispenser. An integrated platform for revenue collection and online management of water kiosks combining three elements essential to smarter water management:
• Smart cards – where water credits are stored on Water Cards
• AQtap water ATM unit – where water is tapped and credits managed
• Water management system – where data from transactions and operations are processed and published
However, the AQtap itself is under pressure from competitors, and we therefore need to improve it and make it smarter:
We need your help by for example hacking on:
• How can the AQtaps communicate better with each other in a remote area, by for example P2P communication?
• How can new payment methods such as facial requisition, finger print, SMS, replace Water Cards?
• How can big data be used to predict new business models based on demand, consumption, weather conditions, etc.?
• Can alternative power sources be utilized?
• Other brilliant ideas.
We hope to see you there! You will also get the chance to meet our IoT Requirement Specialist, Nick Nielsen, who will talk about his daily work tasks and how it is to pursue a career in Grundfos.
We will provide you with pizza
* ANYONE CAN JOIN - Most of IDA's events are open to everyone, but you must have an IDA user profile in order to participate. It's free and non-binding - create a user profile now. As a member of IDA, you get a discount on many of our events, so please sign in with your member login when you sign up for an event. Read more about the benefits of an IDA membership here.