Have you ever participated in a case competition? Then now is the time! This challenge is for you who wants to work with cybersecurity and are curious on which tasks you will be working on if you were working in a cyber security department.
IDA Challenge is a case competition and IDA’s response to a demand from students to bridge the gap between university and work life. This IDA Challenge is for those studying:
- Information Studies
- Innovate Communication Technologies and Entreprenuership, Civilingeniør
- IT, Communication and New Media
- Gain insight
- Get insight into a company’s challenges and get an idea of what you would like to work with as a new graduate
- Challenge yourself
- Test your skills from the classroom in a real-life case challenge and strengthen your skills within collaboration, problem solving and innovative thinking.
In short: You will get closer to your future working life.
IDA Challenge: CTF & Cybersecurity with TDCOne of TDC’s pentesters, Florian, who holds a background from DTU (MSc in Telecommunications) will do a short introduction on how they are working with cyber security in TDC, and after that we will jump directly into the CTF challenge, where all the fun hacking begins.
The CTF competition lasts 5 hours, where you as a a participant get the ability to improve your skills, but also to capture flags. The competition is Jeopardy-style with 4-5 categories and 20+ challenges, with topics such as:
- Web exploitation (XSS, Broken Authentication, SQL-injections, etc.)
- Wireless (NFC hacking, radio and maybe WiFi)
- Password cracking
So come and challenge you and your friend's hacking skills. You can join as an individual (and we will help you find team members) or you can come as a team. We will make sure to feed you with pizzas as well during the evening. Help and hints will be provided to everyone who is stuck, so don’t be afraid to join if you haven’t had experience with cyber security before :)
By the way: We will provide you with pizza.
- 16.00 - Welcome by IDA
- 16.10 - Inspirational talk by Florian, Pentester at TDC
- 16.25 - Presentation of platform + CTF Challenges
- 16.40 - Start Hacking
- 18.00 - Pizza time :)
- 18.30 - Continuing hacking
- 20.30 - Finishing ceremony
Have you ever participated in a case competition before? Don’t worry – you will be fine. In five hours you delve into a challenge posed by a company, and in groups with other students you work on how to solve it.
We hope to see you there!