Design Thinking Foundation (English) - e-learning course
In-dept foundational e-learning course in Design Thinking. Through 8 digital moduls you will learn the entire Design Thinking process and learn th most central design-methods and tools.
Get familiar with the Design Thinking mindset, process and tools
At this cours the main focus is to work with the Design Thinking process as well as the most important methods form the design tollbox.
The toolbox for Design Thinking support you to come through all the phases and activities in a design-process. The tools have many different forms, but typically contain a combination of templates and instructions on how and under which conditions they would be used. At this e-learning course we have focus on tools to:
• Involve and analyze users, customers and domain-experts
• Identify insights and “job-to-be-done” from datasets
• Idea generation, Prototyping and tests
• Evaluate and develop the business potential in ideas and conceps
• Define and plan Minimum Viable Product (MVP)
At the course Design Thinking – Foundation you come through:
• Module 1: Welcome and introduction
• Module 2: Understand Design Thinking and select a specific challange to work with
• Module 3: Observe – identify user needs
• Module 4: Define – find concrete design options
• Module 5: Ideate – explore the various ideas at the solutions
• Module 6: Prototype – build digital or physical prototypes of the solutions
• Module 7: Test – validate and test the solutions and prototypes
• Module 8: Dissemination – prepare and try your pitch
The course is relevant for specialists, Managers and Project Managers
This course is relevant for all, who would like to gain knowledge about Design Thinking and innovation processes for example:
• Specialists, who works with innovation and product development
• Project Managers, who drives innovation and development projects
• Managers, who would like to get insight in the most effective innovation processes or would like to manage product development
The benefit for you – after the course you are able to:
• Use the Design Thinking process and methods from Design Thinking to develop better products, services and/or processes
• Identify new opportunities for your company based on in-dept knowledge about the customers and their needs
• Develop and test new solutions using prototyping
• Evaluate and use Design Thinking for specific assignments
This is how the course Design Thinking – Foundation runs
The course contains 8 digital modules and for each module there is a self-paced study part which consists of online learning videoes, podcasts, templates and interactive tasks about Design Thinking methods, tools and process. And for each module there is an application part where you work with your chosen challenge. Each week you can send your assignments to the instructor for personal feedback and support. The modules are structured so that you get in-dept with:
• In-dept knowledge about Design Thinking and how to use Design Thinking
• Identify specific challanges, problems and needs in the phases observe and define
• Develop solutions to the identified challanges, problems and needs in the phases ideate, prototyping and test
• Customize Design Thinking to your Company and business
You have access to the course for 6 months and you can start and complete the course where and when it suits you best. You should expect to spend 2-4 hours per. module, which is a total time consumption of approx. 24 hours.
The course includes:
• 8 digital modules which contain online videos on the Design Thinking process and methods and podcast with with practical case studies
• Personal feedback on assignments from the instructor
• Online course material and templates with Design Thinking methods and tools
• 6 month access to all digital content
• Course certificate
Purchase of 1 to 1 online sparring
It is possible to purchase 1 to 1 online sparring for DKK 950, - excl. VAT pr. hour (normal price DKK 1,500 excl. VAT). Here you can e.g. get guidance on using Design Thinking in a project you are working on, or help using specific design tools. Contact Steen Jørgensen pr. mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Ole Kjeldal Jensen
Founding partner & business designer
Ole is specialised in Design Thinking, Innovation Management, Business Model Innovation, and Tech. Transformation. For more than 12 years, he has been delivering governance, analyses, capabilities and innovations for "those who lead your transformation and innovation". Ole combines hard data and creative design to create data-driven, sustainable and disruptive solutions.
Ole holds a PhD in Design Thinking and Disruptive Innovation from DTU and Stanford University, and he is a highly experienced business designer, entrepreneur and educator. Also, he is the founder of Ampersand.
The course is run in collaboration with Ampersand Associates, who is also responsable for the teaching of the course.
Please be attentive
When registering for the course, your name, e-mail and telephone number are forwarded to and shared with Ampersand Associates. Your contact information is used exclusively in relation to your registration and for the course itself, and it will not be used for marketing purposes.
ANYONE CAN JOIN - Most of IDA's events are open to everyone, but you must have an IDA user profile in order to participate. It's free and non-binding - create a user profile now. As a member of IDA, you get a discount on many of our events, so please sign in with your member login when you sign up for an event. Read more about the benefits of an IDA membership here.