The interiors of Danish ships of the mid-twentieth century were exceptionally elegant and glamorous. At this event, Professor Bruce Peter will give a lecture about the research and key themes of his new book DANISH DESIGN AT SEA:SHIP INTERIOR ARCHITECTURE AND FURNISHING which, for the first time, documents this most important aspect of Danish and Scandinavian maritime and design history.
In the twentieth century the Danish merchant fleet expanded greatly to become internationally known for its modernity and efficiency. Ashore, meanwhile, Denmark came to embrace the Modern Movement in architecture and design. Unlike elsewhere, however, Danish modernism placed emphasis upon tradition and craftsmanship and so when the leading Danish shipping companies began to employ prominent architects to design their new vessels' passenger accommodation, it was this approach that most often was applied.
Bruce’s book is based upon over twenty years of research and includes interviews with key architects who were directly involved in designing shipboard interiors and furniture between the 1930s and the 1990s, as well as extensive archival research.
The event is in collaboration with Danish Society for Naval Architecture and Marine Engineering Foundation.
I i IDA Conference skal du fremvise gyldigt Coronapas. Et gyldigt Coronapas vil sige:
- at du er færdigvaccineret, og der er gået 14 dage siden sidste stik eller,
- at du har en negativ Coronatest, der er maksimalt 72 timer gammel (vær opmærksom på, at der står klokkeslæt på din test) eller,
- at du er immun, fordi du inden for de sidste 180 dage har været smittet med Corona. (Din positive test skal være foretaget inden for de seneste 14-180 dage)
At IDA Conference, you must present a valid Corona pasport. A valid Corona pasport means:
- that you have been vaccinated and that 14 days have passed since the last vaccination, or,
- that you have a negative Coronatest that is a maximum of 72 hours old (be aware that there is a time on your test) or,
- that you are immune due to that you have been infected with Corona within the last 180 days. (You must have a positive test within the last 14-180 days)
Please remember to unregister if you change your mind. Otherwise there will be a no-show fee of 200 DKK.