Study Danish together with peers in classes tailored to your industry and worklife.
IDA, The Danish Engineering Society, will continue to offer Danish classes to its international members in cooperation with Copenhagen Language Center. We are now expanding with more levels to accommodate the needs of both beginners and more practiced Danish learners.
You will receive qualified instruction adapted to your industry and job functions. The courses are suited for busy professionals. We use a blended learning method with only one weekly class combined with online material for flexible self-study.
We will offer three courses in the spring
The level indicators (A1-C2) refer to the common European language levels (CEFR). Find the definition of each level here.
- Beginner Online Course (A1):
For members of IDA living outside of the Capital Region, we offer an online course. The online course has the same amount of lessons as the regular course. In addition to the online classes, we provide digital materials for self-study. This course is suitable for you if you are an absolut beginner.
- Elementary course (A2)
The elementary course picks up, where the starter course left off. Thus, the course is suited for those who know very basic Danish and wish to improve their skills. The focus is still primarily on oral skills, but we add some grammar and basic writing.
- Intermediate Speaking Course (B1)
For all who are beyond the elementary level, we have designed a course aimed at improving and maintaining conversation and pronunciation skills to help you make better use of your Danish at work and when socializing.
Who, where and when
- All courses are open to international members of IDA, who wish to gain or improve Danish skills
- All courses consists of 10 class sessions of each 3 lessons (30 lessons in total)
- Class sessions take place on Tuesdays 5:30 pm to 8:00 pm from April 23rd till June 25th 2019. Class sessions for Elementary and Intermediate Speaking Courses take place at IDA, Kalvebod Brygge 31, 1560 København V. The online video conference sessions will take place on Tuesdays 5:30 pm to 8:30 pm from April 23rd till June 25th 2019.
- We accept 12-15 students in each course
- Each course costs DKK 1.400,- per student
IMPORTANT: Members who have applied for attending courses held at IDA (Elementary or Intermediate Speaking Course) will be invited for an mandatory information evening April 1st.
We will be holding a placement test to insure a successful course experience. This event will take place at IDA, Kalvebod Brygge 31, 1560 København V, room 104 at 1st floor from 17:00 – 20:00 pm.
Fill out the form on Learn Danish with IDA.
There is a limited number of places. Registrations will be served based on capacity and screening of individual level.